About the job
The logistics executive/coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Regional Logistics & SIOP Leader to drive the SIOP process and best practices for Trane Qatar business. Additionally, the position requires managing the Trane Parts warehouse and overseeing the logistical flow of spare parts. This position requires cross functional communication and alignment between Demand Planning, Product Management, New Product Development, Sales, Finance, Customer Experience, Operations and other departments.
Essential functions and responsibilities include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Coordinate and resolve logistics issues related to all the offshore and local shipments.
- Provide enabling support to sales engineers on Logistics issues related to offshore shipments.
- Coordinates order and shipment procedures.
- Liaise with government clearance authorities when necessary to clear shipments
- Communicating with customers on regular basis the shipment status report by project and ensure progress on site readiness for shipment delivery
- Closely coordinate logistics issues with the Sales/Service teams and finance for Credit limits.
- Liaise between customers & factory on shipment releases, delivery dates, L/C amendments, release of documents, collections, etc.
- Represent the company when needed for any shipment delivery and any local/customer site, as required.
- Any other credit / logistic enabling duties or tasks that may be assigned.
- Provide the leadership team with weekly, monthly and annual sales forecast and orders reports.
- Coordinate with the freight forwarders and shipping company as required
- Optimize inventory at local sites and oversee inventory rounds and stock levels
- Manage the warehouse, including the monthly and yearly inventory in coordination with the third party
- Implement and follow the parts return policy to avoid carrying too much inventory or obsolete parts
- Order, receive and deliver necessary parts in coordination with the main hub warehouse in Dubai
- Overlook the process of parts usage by the team of Trane after-sales service technicians to ensure proper control and tracking of items is recorded
- Recommend improvements to productivity and creative ways to alter processes, organization, tools, etc.
- Adhere to all recommended safety measures
- Implement recommendations from internal and external auditors and the finance department
- Job may require travel to other Trane Offices or local warehouse.
- Good understanding of logistics tasks including forecasting, demand planning, inventory management and production planning.
- Must be a strong teamwork player.
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems.
- Experience managing inventory or a warehouse
- Good communication and customer relationship skills, good time management skills and computer proficiency
An understanding of HVAC parts distribution is ideal.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be able to communicate effectively with others over the phone, e mails etc
Ability to communicate in English.
IT skills – Scala, Platinum, People-soft would be an advantage but not a necessity
and well versed with all MS Office Applications
Strategic business acumen
- Graduate from a university in appropriate field.
- Five (5) years dedicated Logistics company or similar MNC / preferably US company
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy
- Learning on the fly
- Informing – effective communication
- Practical creativity
- Quality in decision making
- Drive results
- Managing vision and purpose
- Building effective teams
- Motivating others
- Ethics; values and trust
- Managerial courage