You will be working as a Local Division Controller and will be part of the Industrial Automation Business Area for Energy Industries Division based in Doha, Qatar. In this role you will be reporting to the Hub Controller and will be responsible for acting as a business partner to the relevant business managers. You will be also supporting effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- Strategy: contributing to the definition of the strategy for the division. Serving as the key partner for the relevant business leaders in determining a strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintaining constant contact with relevant other managers and controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Business planning and forecasting: translating strategy into business plans and establishing measurable targets. Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to headquarters, CFO, global or local division manager. Evaluating financial implications of various strategic decisions, building scenarios and recommending actions. Business performance and decision support: monitoring progress achieved and providing insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifying issues and advising management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve.
- Driving appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization and capital efficiency. Managing and monitoring the cash flow and takes action to improve net working capital.
- Risk Management: identifying and communicating commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executing risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- Financial reporting and business information: establishing and overseeing processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensuring high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Internal controls: ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defining and implementing internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensuring compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supporting internal and external audits.
- Communication with internal stakeholders: ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant controllers, accounting center and other internal customers to identifying and discussing issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Safety and Integrity: living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and
- ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project controlling in a multinational environment.
- Sound working knowledge of SAP.
- Required strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: new.abb.com.