About the job
About The Role
As a Load Master Officer you will be a member of the flying crew for QE aircraft private fleet. Main responsibilities of this role include correct weight and load distribution on the airplane, accurate Weight and Balance calculations ensuring safe operations of the flight, checking, measuring and weighing of passenger baggage and cargo, preparation of Load Sheet, Trim Sheet and LIR (Loading Instruction report) documents for the flight. Load Master Officer task is to communicate and coordinate with ground handler for all required activities pertaining flight, to monitor, guide and control complete process of cargo loading and to ensure aircraft is secured at parking stand. Load Master Officer is required to be on standby and contactable on short notice for any new flight request or further changes in accordance to their legality to operate flights as per QCAA regulations. This Role will also include office shifts with Ground Services team, when not assigned on flights
- Planning, monitoring and controlling the process of aircraft loading, ensuring that all operational and safety procedures are maintained and considering different aircraft cargo compartment layouts, designs and configurations.
- Pre-planning of Load Sheet and Trim Sheet document by anticipating and calculating estimated baggage and cargo weights for the flight.
- Preparation of final Load Sheet, Trim Sheet and LIR documents for the flight based on real passenger figures, baggage and cargo weights, ensuring safe and efficient flight operation.
- Liaise with Ground Handler and communicate and coordinate with Handler for all required operational and handling activities pertaining the flight
- Liaising closely with Flight Deck crew and exchanging all required information and data important for flight operation.
- Ensure cargo loading is performed in line with the Dangerous goods regulations and Company procedures in order to avoid any damage to aircraft during loading process.
- Responsible for performing flight Departure related activities, including but not limited to : planning and requesting the equipment and services in advance, coordinating with destination handling agent and providing the handling package information, advising the QE handling policy to handling agent, performing Safety checks as per defined procedures, performing GSE equipment check as per defined procedures, preparing and releasing ULD’s according to defined procedures, performing LMC check, prepare and present NOTOC to PIC, monitoring complete GSE utilization and services, keeping IOC informed about the progress of the flight, and conduct overall flight observation and final check of cargo holds and cargo doors after all loading activities completed.
- When not on flying duties, Load Master Officer office tasks will include following (not limited to: arranging ground handling and fuel services for upcoming flights, updating Station Briefings and Station Ground Handling Evaluation documents, checking and verifying invoices (for Private and Commercial fleet), maintain training records, updating Load Master monthly roster.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
- Technical field education
- Licence/certificate in Weight & Balance and/or Ground services
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in Load Master or Load Controller duties and task.
- 5 years overall experience in Ground Services of which last 3 years should be Supervisory level.
- 3 years minimum experience in a Load Master /Load controller position
- Weight & balance qualified, preferably licensed
- Practical manual handling / loading experience of both commercial and freighter (preferable) operations to IATA operational standards
- Pushback – Headset – Marshalling – Deck Loader – Manual Loading – De-icing (preferable) practical experience alongside the operating of all other basic GSE to service aircraft
- Awareness of Ramp Safety to current IATA standards
- Qualifications and practical experience in the handling and loading of Dangerous Goods