Oryx Universal College
Oryx Universal College (OUC), In Partnership With The Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU – UK) Is Launching Its New Campus In Doha, Qatar Offering The Following Degree Programmes From March 2020.
- MSc in Project Management;
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying;
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science and
- BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering.
OUC and all its programs are recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of the State of Qatar.
Currently, we are seeking a motivated individual to join our Academic team as Lecturers and possibly to take the lead as the Programmes Coordinator/Manager at the Al-Mesila Campus in Doha Qatar. A detailed job and person specification is set out below for individual posts.
This position is for a Lecturer who can teach foundation level units preferably English Language (academic) and core skills and with the opportunity lead the delivery of foundation level (Leve – 3) programmes as the portfolio develops and grows (if appropriate leadership skills could be demonstrated).
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate their ability to;
- Develop the material for the core skills modules they deliver across the current range of programmes.
- Deliver on a range of Core skills and Project modules across all the programmes.
- Develop and administer diagnostic tests for students experiencing difficulties in studying in English to the standard required to study on the undergraduate programmes.
- Develop an alternative OUC English Language test utilising existing Level 3 assessments that meets all recognised standards including European Standards.
- Develop assessments for the modules on the programmes, ensuring that they are as per LJMU templates, in line with the assessment matrix and meet the deadlines for verification and external moderation.
- Take on the role of personal tutor for Foundation year students.
- Supervise final year dissertations.
- Meet all LJMU academic regulations in relation to the modules that they deliver.
The successful applicant must have (Essential) a relevant undergraduate degree delivered and assessed in English.
Candidates with one or more of the following credentials will have significant advantages during consideration for this position;
- a masters (Level 7) or PhD (Level 8) Qualification,
- teaching experience delivering undergraduate units (Level 4 or above),
- Qualification/training to teach at undergraduate level,
- Experience in teaching students where English is not their first language.
The successful applicant would be able to deliver modules in at least 2 of the following fields
- Academic English Skills
- Communication and writing skills in English
- Projects Studies
Expected Additional Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills,
- The ability to work well in a team,
- Be both self-motivated and be able to motivate others,
- Continuing Professional Development,
- The desire to achieve a teaching qualification (if the candidate does not hold such a qualification in hand).
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: oryxuni.zohorecruit.com.