About the job
We are currently recruiting two (2) lecturers/senior lecturers to join the newly established School of Engineering and Construction who can teach various modules in BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering. To get detailed programme specifications, please visit the link.
If you believe that you meet the expectations and the requirements of this role, apply immediately with your CV/professional profile for consideration for the short-list for interviews
Note: Only applications submitted via the recruitment portal will be considered for these roles. Due to a large number of applications received, we may contact only the short-listed candidates for interviews. You may contact the People & Culture Coordinator directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Role
Candidates joining as lecturers/senior lecturers at this stage are actually the founding team members of the respective school that is being launched in the year 2022. By demonstrating their leadership capabilities, skill, motivation, and productivity, they will be considered for senior roles and responsibilities in the school, including Dean/Associate Dean of the School, Programme leader roles, Coordinator positions, etc. As a young university education provider Oryx has demonstrated rapid growth in the last two years and exponential growth is forecasted in the next 5 years. Therefore, there are plenty of opportunities to grow within the institution for the right candidates.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Deliver on a range of modules across the respective programme,
- Develop the teaching material and assessments for the modules they deliver across the programme. All lecturers are also expected to make relevant contributions to teaching material and assessment development for all modules across programmes to ensure that learning objectives are met.
- Ensure that existing modules are updated in content as per the latest developments in the industry,
- Collaborate with the industry advisory boards to enhance the relevance and quality of the programme,
- Develop assessments for the modules on the programme, ensuring that they are as per LJMU guidelines and policies, in line with the assessment matrix and meet the deadlines for verification and external moderation,
- Take on the role of a personal tutor for students across the programme portfolio,
- Being able to supervise or co-supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects within the field of expertise,
- Meet all LJMU academic regulations and Oryx Universal College Quality Assurance processes related to the modules and programs they deliver,
- Contribute to the continuous development of existing programs and introduce new programmes within the school they are affiliated to,
- Develop and deliver CPD and short courses to increase the portfolio of the School of Engineering and Construction,
- Engage in approved research to contribute to the knowledge in strategic priority areas,
- Being able to prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials, practical sessions, workshops, and student field excursions in both undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes,
- Being able to attend departmental, school and faculty meetings and membership of a number of committees,
- Commitment to structured and unstructured continuous professional and personal development to enhance performance, career growth opportunities and to unlock potential, and
- Willingness to take part, proactively and on-demand, in other corporate and academic activities to contribute to the strategy and growth plans of the college.
We expect you to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Holding a postgraduate degree (preferably a PhD degree OR being in the process of completing a PhD in relevant research fields OR a masters degree with relevant industry experience)
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and provide research guidance to junior researchers
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Ambition in academic research pursuit
- Demonstrate the ability to drive the best potential of every student through trust, quality of engagement and leadership approach to influence
- Work well independently and collaboratively with colleagues enriching a highly-valued corporate culture based on trust relationships Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, able to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and innovative mindset
- Experience and/or qualifications in teaching in a tertiary education environment
- The ability to work well in a team and enrich the corporate culture of the wider organization