About the job
Scope: Learning Support
Reporting to: Learning Support Coordinator
In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. A LS Shadow Teacher should be an inspirational, passionate and adaptable educator with the ability to deliver support for a specified learner across a broad spectrum of needs. He/She should be an outstanding motivator, learner and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of supporting the needs of the specified student in our learning programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organised learning environment. He/She should be able to provide high quality learning, make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning and achievement for the specified student.
Knowledge And Skills. He/She Should
- Be aligned with the ISL values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
- Possess excellent communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school, in particular he/she should be able to
- Communicate effectively in English
- Have a high level of understanding as to how children learn and possess the ability to motivate the specified student to perform at his/her best
- Thorough personalized learning, and by using a variety of styles, be able to inspire the specified student, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities
- To implement Learning Support guidelines
- To liaise with the Head of Learning Support to support the effective delivery of the curriculum to the specified student
- To promote the health and safety of the assigned student.
- To participate in professional learning and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
- To act as a learning and social support
- To adapt the students previous Individual Education Plan (IEP), inline with the information in his/her OT report and his/her current needs, to ensure that he/she gets the best out of his/her learning opportunities at ISL Qatar
- To liaise with teachers to enable the student to participate and progress in lessons
- To support the student in developing social connections with peers and staff
RequirementsQualifications And Experience. The School Prefers People With
- Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent
- Appropriate qualifications according to the student to be supported.
- Experience in providing individual learning support.
- QID, under husband/father sponsorship