In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. A LS Shadow Teacher should be an inspirational, passionate and adaptable educator with the ability to deliver support for a specified learner across a broad spectrum of needs. He/She should be an outstanding motivator, learner and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of supporting the needs of the specified student in our learning programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organised learning environment. He/She should be able to provide high quality learning, make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning and achievement for the specified student.
Knowledge And Skills. He/She Should
- be aligned with the ISL values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
- possess excellent communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school, in particular he/she should be able to communicate effectively in English
- have a high level of understanding as to how children learn and possess the ability to motivate the specified student to perform at his/her best
- through personalised learning, and by using a variety of styles, be able to inspire the specified student, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities
- To implement Learning Support guidelines
- To liaise with the Head of Learning Support to support effective delivery of the curriculum to the specified student
- To promote the health and safety of the assigned student.
- To participate in professional learning and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
- Specific Responsibilities.
- To act as learning and social support
- To adapt the students previous Individual Education Plan (IEP), inline with the information in his/her OT report and his/her current needs, to ensure that he/she gets the best out of his/her learning opportunities at ISL Qatar
- To liaise with teachers to enable the student to participate and progress in lessons
- To support the student in developing social connections with peers and staff
- Qualifications and experience. The school prefers people with: Bachelor degree in education or equivalent
- Appropriate qualifications according to the student to be supported.
- Experience of providing individual learning support.
Non-sponsored (Candidate must be a resident of Qatar under family/husband sponsorship)