About the job
WSP is looking for a Lean Construction Specialist to join our client team based in Doha, Qatar.
This position is responsible for maintaining proper and complete communication with the client’s site engineers on all project related issues and to review, understand and implement contract drawings and specifications on site.
A Typical Week Would Include
- Developing Lean improvement initiatives and methodologies to achieve project deliverables.
- Involving all relevant Engineering departments into Lean collaborative planning to enhance the Lean capabilities and skills of them.
- Providing challenges for construction team members to identify, remove and resolve constraints that prevent the team from fulfilling commitments and to have the best realistic target programme.
- Supporting construction manager and supervisors in program establishment and following up on all program stages timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction, quality, logistics and engineering changes.
- Facilitating and leading continuous improvement activities that support team and development using Lean principals, tools and concepts.
- Monitoring development of standardized work documentation, material flow improvements and progress tracking in areas assigned.
- Developing programmes for record retention of continuous improvement and training of construction team.
- Providing support, reports and inputs to Resident Engineer in monitoring the site construction activities performed by the contractor to ensure work quality and site safety.
- Carrying out independent inspection as necessary on the construction works to ensure the Contractor is following agreed procedures.
- Checking and reviewing of Shop Drawings, Contractor’s Method Statements and Material Submittal in accordance with the specification.
- Responsible for supervising and directing with all assigned discipline inspectors and ensuring the construction activity according to the Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
- Ensuring any remedial measures are first approved for any NCRs by the Engineer and then implemented and recorded.
- Review of any material changes and feedback provided on any divergence agreed subsequently for record purposes.
- Responding to the Contractor’s requests for inspections in consultation with the concerned of Resident Engineer.
- Completing Site Inspection Forms, Reports and Checklists as assigned or approved.
- Witnessing selected material sampling and testing as set out in the Technical Plan.
- Attending meetings with Contractor’s staff as agreed by the contractor and when assigned or delegated by the Resident Engineer.
- Keeping a daily record of site activities and duties performed
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Have
- 15 years work experience in similar supervision project with ASHGHAL/PWA in infrastructure
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Certification in Lean Construction is required.
- MMUP REGISTERED IS A MUST