About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Lead Technical Storekeeper, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
Lead Technical Storekeeper will provide and maintain proper storage and control of aircraft spares and materials, tools, equipment, supplies and other technical materials to support Line and Base Maintenance, shops, contracted operators in compliance with rules and regulations of Qatar Airways and Civil Aviation authorities (QCAA/FAR/EASA/IATA/OEM) and other government agencies.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Ensure adherence to TPM, actively participate in binning, pre-loading, receiving and dispatch, issuing, transferring of aircraft spares and materials, tools and equipment to support aircraft maintenance and shop activities. Update TRAX inventory system and maintain records. Verify, review and report discrepancies noted in the inventory system to maintain reliability and accuracy of information.
- Ensure completeness, serviceability at the time of issuance/ return, monitor calibration expiry, follow-up for outstanding tools.
- Ensure compliance with QR/QCAA, EASA-145 and OEMs requirements for storage and handling of aircraft spares and materials, tools and equipment within bounded and quarantine Stores with respect to cleanliness, storage condition, environment control, ESDS handling, shell life / tool life and batch control, handling of dangerous goods. Ensure serviceable and unserviceable spares and tools are segregated, traceability is established.
- Coordinate with clearance of shipments, perform initial checking and receiving, raise appropriate documentation (GRN for accepted or SDR if rejected), update TRAX in conformity with the receiving procedures and inspection requirements.
- Administer spares /tools dispatch activities for repair and out station requirements. Ensure dangerous goods are shipped according to IATA DGR. Follow TPM for disposal action whenever an item is declared as scrap.
- Accomplish Quality, Finance and HSE requirements by adhering to the company policies, ensuring the stock accuracy and data integrity.
- Establish effective communication for seamless support to maintenance and shop activities and strive to avoid work stoppage or AOG situations. Ensure utmost care is taken while handling aircraft spares and materials, tools and equipment so that no damage is caused rendering it unfit for use.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Management.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification with minimum 2 years of job-related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 1 year of job-related experience.
- Ability to understand parts certification, Company Publications such as Shelf Live Manual and TPM, HSE manual, familiar with EASA, FAA and QCAA regulations.
- Knowledge of airline’s computerized inventory controlling system.
- Good analytical skills on materials specifications, products and industry requirements to comply with spares acceptance requirements.
- Adapt with multi-tasking and time management skills and self-supervising capabilities.
- Proficient in English reading and writing with good communication skills.