Atkins is currently looking for a Lead Structural Engineer to work on Infrastructure projects in Qatar.
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi-sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defense sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provide oversight and direction to engineering Contractors Civil/Structural engineering design work.
- Coordinate and supervise the Civil/Structural engineering aspects of the to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Civil/Structural related engineering deliverables developed by engineering Contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices.
- Coordination and support of other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and Contractor’s Civil/Structural engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
- Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with . Capital Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
- Coordinate the required engineering participation and contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize Contractor’s engineering designs.
- Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Civil/Structural discipline participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
- Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation..
- Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Report directly to the Design Coordinator, and provide support to Project Managers and Engineers within the . Capital Projects Management Team organization.
- Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
- Interface regularly with Contractor’s engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all Civil/Structural Engineering related activities.
- Participate in technical reviews and studies and ensure that technical reviews and studies receive the appropriate Civil/Structural related engineering input.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in the Construction industry with comprehensive experience in Civil/Structural Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical, team-working and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Candidates with previous experience on projects will be given priority.
- Knowledge of specialist Civil/Structural engineering software e.g. StaadPro, SACS etc and general business software.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
- Experience as a Lead Engineer for a team of discipline engineers.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants