About the job
You will provide electrical engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the electrical engineering team.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers and maintain a good balance between budget and client expectations.
- Should be hands-on with preparation of various engineering deliverables
- Lead, prepare and deliver small projects and with the back office team for medium sized projects
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet Worley’, its customers’ and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise electrical engineering project requirements.
- Perform electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress;and
- ensure the required services meet Worley,its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What You Will Bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Incorporates safety in design and provides attention to sustainable design
- Well versed with High voltage systems atleast up to 33kV systems inclusive of GIS, cables, transformers
- Preparation of Single Line Diagrams, Protection Metering Diagrams, Load Lists
- Power System Analysis using ETAP from modelling the system, to perform load flow, short circuit, dynamic motor starting, harmonic analysis, protection co-ordination, arc flash studies, Transient Switching studies
- Techno-economic approach in selection of the design options is a must
- Sizing calculations : Transformers, EDGs, AC/DC UPS including battery, PFCC, HV/LV cables, earthing, lightning protection as per IEC
- Well versed with selection of Ex rated equipment as per IEC Ex/ATEX and interpretations related to hazardous area classification
- Preparation of Specifications, Datasheets for equipment, materials; vendor interaction to complete TBE and Vendor Engineering Review
- Guiding designers in preparing the layouts for equipment arrangement, cabling earthing, lighting & small power, lightning protection
- Co-ordination with work-share office colleagues; checking and reviewing drawings/documents prepared by other colleagues
- Team player willing to walk that extra mile to ensure timely, quality delivery of the project
- Experience with MS-Excel automation, EMC awareness, Shell DEP, QP standards & practices will be an added advantage
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Must have a minimum of 15 – 18 years engineering and design experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Preferably Middle East experience