About The Role
As a Lead Public Relations Officer, you will focus on working with Qatar-based media and other stakeholders such as government bodies, the public, charities, and schools. Plan and put into place, information and communication plans that present the airline externally and internally in a positive light. Ensures good communication flow in Qatar, working closely with the Qatar commercial team and local media.
- Implementing Qatar Airways’ overall corporate communications strategy.
- Protecting the company’s image and reacting immediately in the case of negative public perception in the media or elsewhere.
- Evaluate positive publicity opportunities within the media landscape or outside, e.g. working with charities, schools, institutions, organizations in order to maximize awareness and coverage of the airline.
- Gathering and updating corporate information for the media and other stakeholders.
- Support the Corporate Communications team with writing press releases, speeches, editorials and supervise the distribution of press information to the right channels (not just media, but other bodies mentioned above).
- Help coordinate press events and conferences in Doha and overseas, organize media trips, and other PR activities.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of relevant College or University Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of job-related experience
- Journalism, Marketing, or Communications experience.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Computer literate
- Manage tasks at hand efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to priorities workload.
- Ability to work under pressure Ability to understand the airline business.