The candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
As the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for mechanical engineering services including complete design assistance, inspections, determination of HVAC loads, pump sizing/selection, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design and fire protection systems. The qualified candidate will work with a team of technicians, engineers, drafters and surveyors to ensure customer satisfaction and timely project completion.
- Responsible for mechanical project development to include technical writing, selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of a construction manager.
- Assists the Site Manager with Quality, Safety, personnel scheduling and performance management.
- Attends meetings as required, prepares project reports, CDRLs and specifications IAW with the PWS.
- Verifies accuracy and performs engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing.
- Solves design and engineering issues for projects.
- Provide determination of HVAC loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design, and exterior plumbing design
- Ensures all work areas are kept clean, orderly and in a safe manner.
- Follows all directives concerning environmental laws pertaining to ozone depleting chemicals and disposition of solvents, fluids and other fuels.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all contractor and government provided property.
- Completes training in compliance with OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional, and mission requirements.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of four to six (4 – 6) years of experience. Professional Engineer license preferred.
License & Certifications: Professional Engineer (PE)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be capable of providing designs, preparing drawings using AutoCAD 2012 or later, preparing statements of work, AF form 66 submittal registers and project cost estimates.
- Solid technical background, good organizational skills, attention to detail, quality control, client interaction and representation
- Strong and communication skills – Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the engineering team members to and manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously
Security Clearance: SECRET security clearance