About the job
About The Role
You will be responsible to support the Operations Manager / Manager Facilities with maintenance and repairs including improvement where required/possible, induction and handover of properties. Plan, organize and monitor all maintenance activities to ensure the smooth running of the buildings/facilities at multiple locations. Ensure the staff accommodation are properly maintained as per Qatar Airways standards in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Manage, ensure manpower plans and task allocations for skilled and unskilled workers for day to day activities, in order to ensure that there is no over or underutilization of resources.
- Preparation, review and logging of documented records of maintenance activities.
- Support Manager Property for generating acceptance documents for new properties as well as for preparing handover documents of properties that are returned.
- Ensuring sufficient inventory levels are maintained at Team Leader stores (virtual store) (TL) and Building stores.
- Plan and advise Storekeeper of any upcoming bulk requirements from a maintenance perspective.
- Assist in collating and providing information for Call Off contract formation for inventories.
- Review and analyses inventory records at time of check in and check out by staff from company accommodation.
- Lead personnel (direct and indirect) and manage resources effectively and efficiently. Primarily indicate that the right resources are used for the right job and efficiently indicates that these resources are not over-burdened while at the same time underutilization should not happen.
- Ensure compliance of all processes and company policy.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
You Will Possess
- Essential to have an associate diploma or degree in mechanicals.
- Work experience in a similar position is required in the Gulf region.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience working in Facilities Management.
- Experience of working with Contracting Companies for staff accommodation-related works.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and priorities.
- Must be conversant with multiple activities associated with maintenance-related works.
- Should have the ability to understand and implement exclusions and conditions of lease contracts.
- Should have the capability to respond to emergency situations by performing the duties assigned in compliance with procedures.
- Generate scope of services for minor improvement projects which involve work by multiple trades including interaction with other departments.
- Independently supervise and manage field works assigned by Departmental Manager for works arising from breakdown and emergencies.