About the job
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Dangerous Goods Officer based in Doha, Qatar.
Responsible for Aircraft Safety by overall control of Dangerous Goods on all flights throughout the network.
Ensuring monitoring of shipments that comes under High-risk categories to be transported on Qatar Airways. Ensures effectiveness of DGR department coordination with Civil Aviation in foreign countries for arranging approval for the carriage of Dangerous Goods to/from foreign countries.
- Monitor the communication between Head office and all Reservations/sales staff throughout the network and ensure guidance on regulatory requirements concerning carriage of Dangerous Goods, Munitions of War and other related articles.
- Monitor and support complex queries related to Dangerous goods from the network, including MSDS clarification, QR regulations and IATA DGR clarifications and are managed.
- To support the network with Lithium Battery awareness/training/safety promotions.
- Promote Lithium Battery accident, incident and initiave, within working groups and regulators to drive change in the industry.
- Monitor all corrective actions taken to close all audit findings for QCAA. Ensure actions proposed by the GHA’s/GSA’s are acceptable as per the laid down procedures of Cargo Service Manual & DGM.
- Responsible for being updated about the latest technological trends to keep the Dangerous Goods acceptance/handling procedures updated and to be as per with the International standards.
- Monitor trends on non-compliance by the GHA’s throughout the network and highlight the discrepancy patterns to recommend changes to the management to take immediate corrective actions.
- Ensure QR obtain all Licenses for carriage of Dangerous Goods to support the business growth of the company.
- Responsible to approve the requests from the network stations, for DG class 1, explosives and weapons, for the carriage on QR flights.
- Thorough check on shipments under QR exemptions and brief the Manager Cargo Dangerous Goods in order to approve the carriage of such items.
- Monitor all corrective actions taken and the implementation of recommendations/mitigating actions to close all investigations/risk assessments and lithium related audit findings (internal or external) to ensure safety gaps are identified and closed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Dangerous Goods category 6.
- Emergency response planning.
- Experience with Dangerous Goods acceptance and handling
- Thorough knowledge in Dangerous Goods Regulations and Policies.
- Up-to-date knowledge on latest technologies.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Knowledge on Safety data sheets.
- Degree in Chemistry
- Cargo Operational Experience.