About the job
About The Role
As Lead Auto Electrician, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition:
- Responsible for planned and corrective maintenance of vehicles and equipment including specialised airfield maintenance equipment such as Track Jet rubber removal machine, pavement marking equipment, Friction Testing Equipment, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) collection equipment, Airport Ruway sweepers, industrial forklifts, skid loader, etc. related to HIA maintenance.
- Lead the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for all MATAR Facilities Management Motor Transport assets.
- Perform planned maintenance and repairs of all vehicles and equipment as per company policies.
- Responsible for day to day inspection of various types of specialised heavy equipment including excavators/mobile elevated working platforms (MEWPS) / backhoes to ensure smooth operation as per company policies.
- Lead site supervision, co-ordination and inspection of outsourced projects to ensure quality standards are met to generate daily/weekly management reports.
- Responsible for the spares usage and replenishment at DIA/HIA as per standard procedures.
- Lead audits of contractor’s vehicles and equipment and provide detailed reports.
- Update and monitor PM and CM maintenance work orders in Oracle as per the standard operating procedures.
- Prepare and implement preventive maintenance schedules to ensure maintenance is carried out to meet operational requirements.
- Perform periodic inspections of facilities and equipment’s to ensure safety standards are met as per company policies.
- Ensure to perform maintenance/ repairing of electrical, electromechanical components to vehicles and equipment whilst ensuring highest quality standards.
- Utilize reference materials such as drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics and technical publications during the maintenance process.
- Ensure to use automated maintenance data systems to document repairs and monitor maintenance trends.
- Ensures that all work performed or activities that occurred during the work shift are accurately documented and forwarded to workshop office at the end of the shift or otherwise as instructed by management.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- High School Qualification with minimum 2 years of work-related experience
- Lead hands-on corrective and preventive maintenance works of electrical, electromechanical components of vehicles and equipment assets
- Ability to repair components of vehicles such as cars and pick-ups, heavy vehicles/transporters, fork lifters, airport runway sweepers, fire tenders, ambulances, water tankers or other special-purpose vehicles
- Must be proficient in repairing of electrical operation systems related with fire tenders, pneumatic system controls, solenoids, vehicle starting system, charging, ignition system and electrical wirings, switches and lights
- Ability to schedule personnel under their custodial care