Starting month – January / February 2022
The trainee/Intern will be responsible for maintaining and basic food production and quality control of all meat , fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasoning and other food items prepared in the different kitchen stations.
What will I be doing?
- Prepares all food items according to Chef`s instructions, standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene
- Works clean and organised
- Checks and control the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality standards.
- Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes
- Shows a positive and can do attitude
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Executive Chef based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor
- Keeps floors dry and clean to avoid slip/ fall accidents.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow
An Intern serving Hilton Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for excellence in service and team-work
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
- Determination to succeed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of hospitality
- IT proficiency