About the job
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Qatar.
Location: The appointed candidate will be based in Qatar.
Control and report the commercial and contractual matters of the project from inception to completion to maximize company’s profitability and protect Company against contracting/business risks.
Core Job Functions:
The individual will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Review Project start-up forms and communicate to Commercial Manager and Project Manager.
- Prepare /Review the insurance requirements of the project.
- Prepare insurance claims for the all the claimable incidents.
- Prepare project Guarantee requirements.
- Assist Commercial Manager in developing main contract documents.
- Develop Draft contract document for subcontractors and discuss/agree with ALEC Team as well as PQS before starting any subcontract agreement.
- Ensure timeous preparation of notification of potential claims for delays, loss and expenses and forward notification for potential claims for delays, loss and expenses from subcontractor to Commercial Manager.
- Prepare Delay/disruption claims (Time and Cost) whenever required.
- Prepare Variation orders (Change Management) timely, to submit with in 7 days from the completion and keep the documents updated, follow-up periodically reviews, approvals etc.
- Review/ verify/update periodically Site asset register.
- Prepare the monthly progress/payment applications to the client before the cut-off date; follow up with payment certificate and payment.
- Prepare estimated contract status and forward to Commercial manager for submitting to Client Monthly.
- Review/verify the subcontractor’s payment application for the progress, and the back-up documents. Agreed Cut-off date of receipt and review period shall be followed to ensure maximum cash flow benefit.
- Generate subcontractor documentation for payments, contra charges and final accounts.
- Evaluate tender responses, adjudicate, negotiate with Subcontractors.
- Perform accurate and timely Cost Reporting and prepare P&G Spread and Monthly Cost report within the allotted timeframe.
- Perform reconciliations of subcontractors paid & revenue certified with Job Cost ledger and monthly cost report with central accounts.
- Monitor and control site petty cash ensuring the documentation is complete for expenses.
- Prepare request for Letter of credit as per the requirement and issue to Commercial Manager.
- Prepare Turnover and profitability forecasting – S curve – at project start-up.
- Prepare Monthly Cash flow forecasting for the contract and as per the requirement of the Finance department.
Requirements and Skills:
- QS degree or equivalent
- More than 2-3 years as QS in the construction field, preferably Fit-Out works.
- Professional Accreditation as QS or equivalent
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good knowledge in analyzing drawings
- Good knowledge of CCS
- Good knowledge in the construction process, HSE, building law and regulations
- Excellent numerical and IT skills
- Excellent knowledge in insurance and contract law
- Good managerial skills
- High degree of proficiency in financial skills, data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
Candidates based in Qatar with a valid QID will be given preference.