About the job
What’s the role?
Apprentice hybrid Field Telecoms and PCD Integrity engineer with the specified objective of bringing together both engineering disciplines at Pearl GTL facilities in Qatar while learning from existing engineers.
Will develop a specialized technical understanding of Pearl GTL telecoms and PCD systems, as well as developing interfaces with the business in order to implement system changes, deploy projects and increase awareness of both telecoms and PCD Integrity requirements and processes.
Initially alongside experienced engineers, will handle a range of technical activities and assurance, using defined procedures and practices within well-defined areas of responsibility. Will be expected to work with site staff, projects, and vendors to execute standard maintenance Field Telecoms and PCD-I routines and project activity, while keeping various sources of information up to date. Advises internal stakeholders on Field Telecoms and PCD-I topics. Will be supervised to ensure progress of skills and knowledge and delivery of results, informing their team leader and management about outcomes.
The level of autonomy will increase rapidly, with regular steer and coaching/mentoring from senior staff. As experience grows, may be expected to act as a buddy for incoming, less experienced colleagues and/or back to back for Telecoms OLM.
What We Need From You
- Typical Years of Experience: Prefer corporate IT experience
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
We are looking for an action-oriented, energetic, and curious individual who has a learning mindset, and a passion for emerging and exponential technologies. Successful candidate should be able to understand the value chain of the IT business portfolio and associated customer journeys and touchpoints and apply customer centric techniques to identify and pursue the right value opportunities. She/he should be able to engage with a with a variety of stakeholders across the Qatar Shell with excellent communication skills and translate business requirements to reliable and secure IT Operations.
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world’s most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell’s commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world’s largest LNG supplier, and Shell’s global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.