NES Global Talent
A TAX-FREE Contractual Job Opportunity for an experienced Installation Specialist to be based in Qatar has just been made available by a leading oil and gas company.
- In support of the Installation Manager and the Installation Lead, The Installation specialist is responsible for implementing the planning, helping in preparation and execution of all aspects of the Transport and Installation components of the Project from load out through final installation offshore, ensuring all key objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- The Installation specialist is also the main support to the installation Management team and interfaces for all aspects related to the preparatory activities to ensure that the installability of the design is consistent with established industrial processes.
- Effective issue resolution through interfacing with both Company and Contractor teams is an essential component of the role to ensure full alignment on the execution of the Project through to startups.
To qualify for the position, candidates must possess the following :
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- 15+ years of major oil and gas offshore project experience with 5+ years at Senior Installation Engineering level or equivalent, with senior responsibility for leading major offshore transport and installation activities.
- knowledge and proven experience of Transport, Installation and Pre-commissioning of Conventional platforms, including jacket and topsides as well as subsea pipeline and cables etc.
- Having autonomy, the capacity to coordinate and communicate at its level within the organization are key assets to succeed at this position.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lead interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, Contractor and suppliers.
- Missions on construction site onshore and offshore during execution phases according to requirements.
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.
Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria related to transport and offshore installation of Offshore pipelines, cables and structures.
- Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, operations and installation
- EPC Contract Management
- Loadout, transport and installation methods and practices
- Having work experience within the region could be a plus.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Strong organizational, leading, and technical judgment skills
- Good engineering, or engineering coordination/leading skills, preferably in installation activities
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
- Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in EPC execution disciplines
- Strong influencing, and interpersonal skills, team player
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Willing and able to travel to foreign locations and offshore for extended periods as required
Technical and Business Skills
- High level of experience and proven track record for safely managing transport and installation to delivery high quality results, safely and on time and budget
- Broad knowledge of safe execution of offshore lifting, piling, pipelay techniques, cable lay, trenching and diving activities
- Broad knowledge of execution methods and risks associated with offshore green filed and brownfield modifications and working within a gas production facility
- Strong past experience with Company Projects and Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System, or alternatively with Oil & Gas Industry major Operators and/or Contractors
- Strong past experience with similar projects scope in the Gulf region.
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function and project assignments (multi-discipline skill set)
- Expansive knowledge of contract management and risks and mitigations associated with EPC contracting and execution
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.nesgt.com.