Leidos is seeking an Installation Public Address Systems C&E Technician at Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar to support Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications (OMDAC), which supports the Army Operational Base Communications Information Systems and infrastructure in support of USCENTCOM forces.
- Maintain the installation public address system used for force protection information to include the equipment and connections to the Cable Television (CATV) systems. Maintenance shall include all amplifiers, associated equipment, and cables.
- Maintain the GIANT VOICE public address systems identified in TE 1. Maintenance includes remote panels, cabling to and from central distribution nodes, amplifiers, and tower maintenance in accordance with paragraph C.188.8.131.52.
- Support GIANT VOICE equipment (amplifiers).
- Coordinate with local COR to conduct routine tests of the equipment. Tests shall ensure all control panels are functional and amplifiers are functioning properly.
- High School education or equivalent; and at least 4 years of related experience; and experienced in performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks.
- Qualified and experienced in testing, calibrating, and repairing complex electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical equipment, and material.
- Can evaluate and resolve calibrating and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience includes designing or improvising equipment, tools, and fixtures. With extensive knowledge of theory and principles, the Technician can test, calibrate, and repair complex electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and formulate calibration standards.
- Has set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Has disassembled instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspected components for defects. This effort includes measuring parts for conformity with specifications; using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments; and aligning, repairing, replacing, and balancing component parts and circuitry.
- Devised formulas to solve complex problems in measurements and calibrations, develops and executes plans for the performance of failure analysis and or materials analysis, and maintains complex databases for the control of work, calibration of equipment, and expendable material.
- Worked with engineers to design, develop, and evaluate new products and recommend product improvements or manufacturing modifications.
- Designed, developed, and coordinated the building of experimental, prototype models, or test fixtures.
Skill Set Certification(s)
- Senior Certified Electronics Technician (CETsr)
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.leidos.com.