At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Mobility Services is currently looking for an Immigration Specialist/Public Relations Officer to join their team in Doha, Qatar.
- The Boeing Qatar Public Relations Officer (PRO) will have a prominent role in building strong relationships with main government bodies while acting as an ambassador for the company.
- The Boeing Qatar PRO provides immigration guidance and direct assistance for all new hires, international assignees, dependents and support to business partners, hiring managers, recruiters, and other process partners to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and agreements.
- Proactively builds and maintains relationships to advance the requirements of the business for compliant immigration.
- Communicates with, educates and trains end users and process partners on immigration and related mobility processes.
- Participates in the up-front business planning and consulting process (OBIP, Business Case, Recruiters, Hiring managers, etc.) when immigration impacts could be relevant.
- Analyzes business situations and, in partnership with Mobility suppliers, develops and recommends complex, legally compliant immigration solutions as appropriate.
- Partners with Regional Relocation Experience Specialist(s), ensuring their awareness and support of immigration topics applicable within their regions and working collaboratively to meet business customer goals.
- Supports and/or leads supplier governance activities as assigned for immigration (and mobility as assigned).
- Guides employees and managers successfully through the immigration processes; educates business and process partners on immigration and related mobility topics.
- Process all type of visas, employment, business and family in timely manner, including submission and follow-up with all company official relations/transactions with the government sectors.
- Liaise with company-designated suppliers to obtain completed employee documentation.
- Liaise with government authorities on labor and immigration rules & regulations and provide updates to Human Resources and Global Mobility of changes as appropriate, related to changes in relation to visa processing, revision of costs and new timeframe imposed by the government authorities
- Draft of letters and Contracts in English and Arabic.
- Submit all renewals of visas, Employment Agreement (if applicable) & labor work permit cards with labor office as well as the immigration department.
- Oversee and resolve any issues related to Immigration process such as resident permit applications, RP renewals, transfer of sponsorship, medical examinations schedules, driving licenses, work permits of employees, etc.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of records.
- Other General PR duties as required or assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum five years immigration-related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of laws and procedures related to immigration, labor, traffic department and health department affairs in Qatar.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Technical skills to perform computer data entry and provide summary reports.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Arabic Native speaker and good knowledge of English
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated business partnering or consulting skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher