We are currently recruiting for an Immigration Consultant to join our office in Doha on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company working with immigration professionals across the world.
Fragomen is the world’s leading exclusive provider of immigration services. With more than 50 offices worldwide, we provide immigration services in more than 170 countries. For over 60 years, we have provided strategic immigration advice to a diverse range of clients from individuals to the world’s leading multinational corporations. With over 4,500 employees in more than 50 offices, you will be joining a truly global firm where providing exceptional client service is at the core of what we do.
Fragomen’s professionals are respected thought leaders in the immigration field providing expertise to governments across the world including the US Congress, the UK Parliament, the European Union and the United Nations.
A career at Fragomen will provide you with the opportunity to work in an exciting environment for a broad range of clients, where no two days will be the same. You will face interesting challenges and you will work with dedicated, friendly and ambitious people. We are extremely proud of our diverse workforce at Fragomen and we are fully committed to providing equal opportunities. We believe that our differences make us stronger.
About The Role
The Consultant provides compliant immigration advice to clients and coordinates end to end immigration processes for the firm’s corporate client base. The Consultant functionally monitors internal staff, teams, and workload requirements to meet expectations, deadlines, and financial targets. This role includes high volume, multi-tasking, multi-priority management of client case processing.
Activities include confidential and or sensitive advisement on immigration strategic analysis and options. Oversee other administrative staff for daily task allocation, process monitoring and case reporting updates. The role requires reporting, communications and strict adherence to client agreements.
Other key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Execute volume Qatar inbound casework including compliance and eligibility assessments, clear process and requirements guidance, and handholding assignees through the immigration process.
- Communicate effectively the progress of the immigration process with relevant client contacts including document collection, filing of applications, and anticipated finalisation dates, ensuring that communications are technically accurate, and written communications follow the standard layouts and templates.
- Identify key issues that may impact immigration formalities such as travel plans, dependants, and health issues, to ensure the client is updated on the status of each application and anticipated issues or timelines. Identify key issues that may impact immigration approvals or successful security clearance.
- Update the firm’s case management system and maintain client files as per agreed practice protocols and SLAs.
- Meet monthly billing target goals by strategically planning, organizing and executing workload to reach standard financial targets and annual goals.
- Prepare, plan and with proactive measures seek to minimize potential issues to the client or assignee that would lead to escalations or delays in meeting our SLA requirements. Escalate potential client issues to the Manager and/or Practice Leader and participate in the resolution of these issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key client contacts, and contact them in a timely manner to provide and/or obtain information meeting SLA requirements.
- Research and draft country processes and procedures. Update clients on any in-country legislative or process changes.
- Assist in compiling metrics/reports as required under contractual agreement with respective clients. Review expiry date reports and/or reminders and take the appropriate action as required.
- Contribute to content and maintain veracity of proprietary material in the firm’s Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Assist Finance and Administrative support with client invoicing upon case completion.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have prior experience in Immigration or Global Mobility functions at a multinational or reputable local company in the UAE and / or Middle East. You will be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business, or equivalent and two years progressive experience in the position offered. Will accept suitable combination of education and experience in lieu of requirement.
- Competent in drafting legal advice and compliance assessments.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Access, or similar software.
- Operationally aware is essential.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- High degree of focus on Quality.
- Able to work in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Able to be self-managed and proactively seek out work.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: fragomen.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.