About the job
The ICT Teacher provides professional leadership and management of the all classes, to support and develop the students in the class and hold them accountable for their progress. To manage, your own professional development with the support of your Team Leader in order to secure high quality teaching, the effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement of all students in your classes
Reports to: IT Manager
ICT duties include the following:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for ICT and Computing to students’ age.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Contribute to maximizing student attainment.
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Assist in the development of appropriate schemes of work towards selected ICT and computing syllabuses.
- Develop teaching resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the curriculum area.
- Contribute to the curriculum area and department’s development plan and its implementation.
- Ensure department documentation and practice in relation to Health and Safety is in place and adhered to.
- Assist in the process of curriculum development in ICT and Computing so as to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the school’s ethos.
- Ensure that the equipment is in good working order and suitable for teaching use.
- Participate in relevant meetings with colleagues, parents and be involved in links with external agencies as part of curriculum enhancement, including extra-curricular activities and off-site visits.
- Support other members of the curriculum area and students as appropriate.
- Review your own professional development and maintain professional standards
- ICT Safety Coordinator, including all aspects of e-safety
- Ensure that the computer lab is clean and well organized after leaving the lab.