About the job
To assist the Food & Beverage Head of Department and the Executive Chef in managing the overall hygiene programme as an efficient and productive cost and service centre ensuring a seamless operation and therefore contribute to maximising guest satisfaction. The Food Safety Manager ensures that the hotel is fully in line with local and International hygiene standards and assists in guiding, correcting, planning and organising Culinary and Stewarding operations.
The Job Of Hygiene Manager Is Executed Satisfactorily When
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The supply chain is planned to secure that the quality of the food & beverage products.
- .The hotel is recognized by local authorities and is compliant to all HACCP regulations.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage employees have an adequate knowledge of food safety.
- Organise Food safety meetings and training s and keep accurate records of all trainings and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that trainings are understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage meeting.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on the job trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Develop class room trainings for all kitchen, service and stewarding staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Stewarding Manager in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly F&B reports.
- To ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counters, buffets and displays for the restaurants and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside caterings.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside caterings to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relation.
- Contribute sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Develop a regular pest control programme with the Stewarding department to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third party hygiene consultants to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside caterings for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations in the office to others.