The ACCOM HVAC Technician will install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs scheduled periodic maintenance and seasonal overhaul on systems and components to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Performs planning activities, and facility surveys.
- Manage HVAC/R fuel emissions and refrigerant handling programs and activities to support various ACCOM systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in maintaining HVAC/R systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have applicable CFC/EPA certification such as Section 608 Certification (Universal).
- Formal HVAC/R training such as military technical training school, vocational college, and/or four year apprentice program with experience in HVAC/R maintenance and repair.
- Four (4) years of practical experience with equipment the technician will maintain.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Must be able to meet the medical deployment requirements IAW CENTCOM MOD 15.