As an HVAC Technical Officer, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition:
- To ensure optimum performance of all HVAC systems by applying technical knowledge, developing positive customer relationships, and contributing to the department objectives. Act as subject matter expert in all HVAC-related subjects, and advice Lead Technical Officer, Engineer and Manager on HVAC-related issues.
- Implement a planned maintenance regime to ensure that all HVAC assets at HIA perform in optimum condition.
- Support the development of SOPs in coordination with other teams and ensure that the implementation is consistent across the large number of facilities.
- Review and understand the scope of the maintenance contract to identify gaps and propose solutions to improve the maintenance program.
- Responsible to ensure that HVAC systems are maintained in immaculate condition in order to provide seamless support for the operation of HIA facilities.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department and get involved in the internal and external projects.
- Identify low-performing HVAC assets, carry out root cause investigation with involved teams and implement solutions to mitigate asset downtime.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of job-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/HVAC engineering with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of HVAC operation, maintenance, national and international standards
- Experience with district cooling system
- Awareness of airport operational constraints
- Command of English language
- Good investigation and report writing skills.
- Well versed with the latest industry practices, ASHRAE Standard and current national & international codes
- Valid Qatar/GCC driving license is an advantage