- Well-versed in the design of chilled water and DX system and the preparation of detailed design package especially for plant control rooms and electrical substation buildings.
- Preparation of technical/performance specifications
- Preparation of HVAC load calculations, hydraulic calculations, air distribution system calculations,
- HVAC Flow and Control Systems and other HVAC design drawing
- Must have extensive experience in using HVAC Softwares, i.e. Elite, E-20II and other commercial softwares
- Technical evaluation of vendor bids and evaluation report
- Vendor document review
- Preparation of other technical reports as required by the project
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- Specialized expertise of the regulations, codes and standards and a good understanding of practices applicable to mechanical engineering design for utilities & infrastructure industry projects.
- Well versed in the design of chilled water and DX system and the preparation of detailed design package especially for plant control rooms and electrical sub-station buildings.
- Proficient in HVAC Flow and Control Systems and other HVAC design drawing.
- Must be familiar with industry standards, i.e. ASHRAE, SMACNA, ASME/ANSI, etc. and other recognized company standards, i.e. Shell DEPs, Mobil EGE, etc. experience is an advantage
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 12 years + HVAC design experience involving commercial and industrial facilities
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Must have extensive experience in using HVAC Softwares, i.e. Elite, E-20II and other commercial softwares.
- Able to work in diverse team.
- Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective business relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicates (in English) clearly, accurately, and consistently both verbally and in written matters.
- Employs the principles of active listening and encourages feedback from others.
- Good English communication skills (spoken & written)
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.