Power International Holding
Supports the Project Manager/ Project Director/ Project executive director and head of the department by assisting projects to implement the HSE management system and local legal regulations. To plan, implement, evaluate and analyze HSE activities at the site to ensure HSE targets and objectives are measured and achieved. THE project HSE Manager shall not report to the construction manager.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
Leads the planning, monitoring and management of the execution of HSE activities on a project as per the HSE plan and HSEMS requirements to ensure HSE requirements are met and systems are followed effectively.
Acts as accident prevention manager onsite, Coordinates and manages internal and external relationships for effective and efficient achievement of HSE goals.
Leads the HSE team in an immediate response to incidents and emergency situations that occur on site and do accident investigation by identifying the root cause for preventive action.
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities
1. Plans, monitors and manages the execution of HSE activities on a project as per the HSE plan and HSEMS requirements to ensure HSE requirements are met and systems are followed effectively.
- Ensures to carry out monthly HSE inspections for project sites and recording findings on time to design relevant improvement action plans
- Ensures to plan and implement HSE audits for sub-contractors on a quarterly basis
- Ensures to prepare the HSE monthly monitoring program and ensure the implementation as per the procedure
2. Reviews and Monitors timely reporting of project HSE performance Ensure achievement of HSE goals on the project.
- Ensures to record and analyze HSE project performance on a daily basis or minimum on a weekly basis and maintain the HSE report.
- Ensures to prepare project HSE monthly, weekly report
3. Coordinates and manages internal and external relationships for effective and efficient achievement of HSE goals.
- Ensure to conduct educative and informative meetings, tool box talks on a daily, and weekly or need basis to promote and achieve the HSE target.
- Ensure weekly supervisor tour is carried out 100%.
4. Provides leadership, ongoing guidance and support and motivate the HSE team.
- Ensures to monitor HSE personnel performance and record feedback on a weekly basis and action plan to motivate HSE team
- Ensures to conduct weekly meetings with HSE personnel to understand and share best practices and challenges of the team.
5. Leads the HSE team in an immediate response to incidents and emergency situations that occur on-site and do accident investigation by identifying the root cause for preventive action.
- Ensure to conduct root cause analysis for all incident and accidents recorded within the stipulated incident occurrence and generate the initial investigation report within 24hours or proper justification for delay might occur
- Ensure to conduct accident/incident final investigation within a stipulated time manner of 72 hours or proper justification for delay might occur.
6. Investigates unsafe acts and conditions and provide solutions to prevent recurrences by conducting various analysis such as hazard analysis, risk analysis etc.
- Ensures to conduct hazard and risk analysis on a daily basis for each activity and conduct both preventive and corrective HSE action plan
- Ensures visitor supplier and project personnel induction program is effective and implemented.
Knowledge of all relevant safety regulations, procedures and instructions
Knowledge in Qatar & International Safety Standards
Knowledge in the integrated management system
Knows and understands expectations as detailed in the company’s HSEQ Management System
Strong understanding of process safety in theory and application
Audit qualification such as ISO 45001,
Accident Investigation certification training
Scaffold training, Fire training and Rigger training.
High communication skills among different culture work environment
Facilitates training in health, safety, and environment
Root cause Analysis methods and accident/incident investigation techniques
Demonstrate a personal commitment to the company’s HSEQ policy and statement
Strong safety behavior skills and ability to build this within the overall SPE team and with contracted companies
Strong organizational or administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
A highly motivated, self-starting individual with the ability to work unsupervised in a high activity environment and achieve results through strong leadership and motivation
Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
High skills in English writing, reading and speaking
Total 15 year(s) On Job 7 year(s) GCC 4 year(s)