As part of our ongoing collaboration with Kahramaa, WSP are looking for Health and Safety Engineers to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded in the project in compliance with local and international rules and regulations
A Typical Week Would Include
- Manage the health, safety and environmental arrangements for the project against the WSP HSEQ Management System requirements, to ensure the protection of our people.
- Manage HSE Inspectors to ensure they are monitoring the implementation of health and safety arrangements at the project site level, in accordance with legal and client requirements.
- Review and approve contractor’s health, safety and environmental plans, risk assessments and method statements against legal and client requirements prior to the work being carried out.
- Plan daily morning site visits across project sites to ensure health and safety measures are in place before works begin.
- Carry out weekly joint HSE inspections with consultants and contractor personnel and ensure all the corrective/preventive actions are closed out.
- Initiate and test emergency response plans and ensure the drills are carried out as per the project schedule and performance standards.
- Follow up on contractor’s incident investigation reports are completed and corrective actions are identified and closed out to prevent a recurrence and provide necessary technical guidance for accident protection.
- Conduct regular site safely reviews.
- Liaise with enforcement authorities and prepare and submit monthly HSE reports in conjunction with contractor personnel and to the client.
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Have
- Shall be bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:
- Fire & Safety, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics, Civil, Environmental,
- Industrial, Instrumentation, Production Engineering or any other equivalent engineering bachelor’s degree.
- Shall have 2 or more years national or international diploma in Fire & Safety or Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent Diploma from accredited & recognized National or International Institute i.e. NEBOSH Diploma, CSP etc.
- Minimum 7 years of Experience in Health, Safety & Environment of which at least 3 years were with a recognized international consultant.
- Prior work experience in similar projects
- Shall have Valid First Aid & Basic Fire Fighting Certificate from recognised institute.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
- Training ability in HSE subjects.
- Ability to conduct incident investigations.
- Knowledge of applicable national and international HSE laws.
- Be fully conversant with leadership techniques used to manage project HSE Issues.