WSP are looking for a Highway Inspector with 10 years experience of overall responsibility of supervision, coordination and project delivery, with particular emphasis on meeting the contract requirements with respect to quality, time and budget., during the construction phase.
A Typical Week Would Include
The key objectives of the roles are to:
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient co-ordination of required works identified through the inspections including making effective use of internal resources and external contractors as needed.
- Oversee the works carried out by contractors to ensure compliance regarding to instructions, specifications, timescales, and quality of works.
- To assist in minimising claims and litigation opportunities by fully documenting all observations from site investigations and ensuring appropriate actions are taken in accordance with documented procedures.
- Support the Assistant Resident Engineer in developing procedure documents which clearly define operational process and procedures.
- Support the Assistant Resident Engineer in producing reports as required.
- Undertake inspections in line with key performance indicators and assessment tools to enable improvements to service and quality.
We’d Love To Hear From You If You Have
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience on major roads and highways projects.