About the job
Duties And Responsibilities
- Design horizontal and vertical roadway alignments and super elevation diagrams
- Perform quantity calculations project estimates
- Managing associate engineers in completing project deliverables
- Develop Details to construction, detour, signing and marking
- Coordinate with project team and interdisciplinary technical personnel
- Assists the senior staff in completing the project deliverables
- The engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices and company procedures. Some assignments involve CAE (Computer aided engineering)/CAD (Computer aided design) applications
Provides Support For Other Engineering Activities As Required
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD designer/drafter, Designer and lower level engineers on the same project
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience And Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of highway and roadway design using Microstation and GeoPak design software.
- Thorough working knowledge of AASHTO design guidelines is required. Knowledge of the development of renderings using available 3D software is desirable but not required. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel software.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal and have experience in composing correspondence related to his responsibilities.