About the job
About The Role
As Heavy Vehicle Driver, you will be responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient service for Cargo and Baggage Transportation within HIA Airside premises using the allocated heavy vehicle (Reefer Trucks, Transporter Lifters, Scissor Lifters, Tractors – diesel/electric) or any vehicle deemed appropriate by the management through various facilities at Hamad International Airport. Ensuring all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner with providing customer service and communication with OAS Cargo and QR.
- Drives and operates heavy vehicle or any vehicle deemed appropriate by the management for Cargo and Baggage Transportation activities in the airport premises in line with the Airport Driving SOPs and Health, Safety and Security guidelines.
- Efficiently collects and transports cargo/shipments to various airside locations paying attention to items that require special handling (DGVALIPERICOUIAVI/ MAIL) and to carry out tasks in line with Operational Procedures, Health, Safety and Security.
- Report immediately the issues challenges faced in the transportation process to the Supervisors, ensuring timely resolution and get delivery on schedule
- Submit written incident report on accidents involving driver or company vehicle ensuring that all incidents are reported to the supervisors on a timely manner.
- Monitors the flight based information about the arrival and departure of cargo/shipments through cargo system alerts applications available in tablets, PCs, scanners and other IT tools.
- Ensures heavy vehicles are driven and maintained in a safe manner at all times as per the set processes by the QAS Management in line with the Airport Vehicle Operator Regulation Manual. Ensures all cargo/shipments are handled and transported in line with company procedures and guidelines.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum of Basic literacy, numeracy skills, English communications skills and 3 years relevant experience or High school qualification and 2 years of experience
- Must hold home country Heavy Driving License
- Should be able to obtain a Valid Qatari Heavy Driving License
- Should be able to obtain a AVOP
- A detailed knowledge of the safe traffic law
- Ability to speak and write in English Demonstrated ability and commitment to display professionalism in:
- Service excellence and customer-oriented.
- Time Management
- Respect an courtesy
- Ethical Behaviour and Personal Integrity
- Overall 3 to 5 years experience in driving Heavy Vehicle on Airport
- Familiar with operating aviation, logistics GSE
- Be able to work with minimum supervision, unpredictable climate conditions