This is an opportunity for you to play a key part in the major Construction Programmes on the global stage. Qatar will be hosting the 2022 Football World Cup and will become the first Middle East nation in history to stage this event. The associated construction programme is part of a major country regeneration programme including the development of required infrastructure and non-competitive venues.
Your responsibilities will include
- Promote health & safety culture throughout the organization
- Provide clear guidelines to Contractors on the implementation of the safety standards in relation to H&S.
- Use a data-driven & technology-led approach to effect positive change within site HSE practices.
- Promote Health & Safety aims and objectives, be a champion for the Q22 Safety Culture initiatives.
- Partner with project leadership by providing site safety expertise and ensure the focus on HSE is driven from the top of the organization
- Ensure the application of all Health & Safety related policies and procedures and assist in the review of existing and development of new ones.
- Influence and monitor policies, procedures, programs, standards, and design criteria affecting construction safety on multiple Q22 projects across the region.
- Assisting management in meeting established safety and risk management goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the programme Health & Safety manager and other key Q22 personnel to ensure the safe delivery of the 2022 FIFA World Cup™.
- Manage and coordinate the investigation of serious H&S incidents to determine root cause and the appropriate corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
You will need
- Over 15 years of Health & Safety Management experience on major programs with responsibility across $1B+ scope
- A bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- Prior experience overseeing multiple contractors and subcontractors on complex projects
- demonstrable experience of driving transformational safety improvements on site
- Proven leadership skills in a multi-cultural work environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience of leading major health & safety initiatives
- Prior experience of working in the Middle East, preferably Qatar
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: jacobs.taleo.net.