About the job
- Assist the health and safety/ fire safety manager in developing and implementing methods for informing, instructing/ supervising and training staff, that comply with relevant health and safety legislation and guidance.
- Work closely with line management and staff to provide an advisory, guidance, and information service for all employees in fire, health, safety and welfare matters so they perform their duties in a safe manner and in accordance with legal requirements
- Assist in conducting / facilitating: Employee Safety Induction, Toolbox Talks and Training. In addition, keeping related records of training and attendees as directed by the Health and Safety/ Fire safety Manager.
- To inspect the workplace for potential hazards, identify potential hazards; assess the risks and implementing control measures.
- To keep on the lookout for any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations.
- Focusing on prevention by taking proactive measures in addressing operational HSE issues as well as environmental impacts and ensuring that they are well managed, mitigated and prevented as far as it is reasonably practical.
- To Prepare applicable HSE reports and maintaining logs and relevant documents as necessary.
- To ensure compliance with hazardous material and waste management standards i.e. labelling, storage, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Ensure that ALL employees / workers (including subcontractors) are issued with and properly use the correct PPE and safety devices for the work being performed;
- To Investigate health and safety related incidents, accidents and near miss events to determine the root, basic and immediate causes and ensure that correction / corrective / preventative actions are implemented for all HSE related events.
- To Maintain inventory of hazardous tasks, requiring safe work permits, implement and maintain the required permit systems.
- Actively participate in all emergency management activities which involves the mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery phases and planning and conducting fire drills and test procedures as appropriate, and identifying and implementing improvements.
- To report for duty punctually whilst maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the organization’s grooming standards.
- To maintain good working relationships with your team members and all other departments.
- To ensure that you read the organization’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and needs of the organization.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of your superior and/or organization.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma acquired through training and experience is essential.
- NEBOSH-IOSH Certified.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a health and safety officer preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Full experience of understanding in ISO-HSE Management System.
- Experience in developing HSE standards and policy/procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Language skills; Proficient in verbal and written English is essential.
Arabic verbal and written skills would be an added benefit.
- Able to write accurate and clear correspondence and reports, including the presentation of statistical information using IT software and databases.
- Possess good planning, organizational and time management skills and ability to priorities.
- Demonstrates commitment to high quality service delivery.
- Able to form and maintain good working relationships at all levels internally and externally.