The role of the Head Teller is to be responsible for managing and training the team of tellers to deliver tellers that will provide various cash based services to our customers over the counter. You will ensure that the team are working efficiently and courteously so they will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction in an error free manner.
Your responsibilities will include assisting the Branch Manager to implement strategies and to achieve volume, revenue and profit targets. You will oversee all branch cash handling and other teller related transactions in accordance with branch targets. You will ensure that the controls are in place for managing misappropriations. In addition you will:
- Ensure that the tellers can manage their customers, by distributing the load to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Working to an agreed standard of compliance, you will ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to and work within the regulatory framework.
- You will have the highest levels of diligence when overseeing branch vaults and ATM cash transfers, reporting to ensure accuracy and reviewing security procedures.
- Conduct counts of cash/ other valuables in the vault against the documentary records. Resolve instances of excess/ short cash noted in accordance with the duly approved policy/ procedures.
- Ensure all clearing items and remittance requests received from customers are forwarded to the concerned department/ unit within Group Infrastructure without delay for processing.
- Identify suitable opportunities to cross-sell products or services offered to customers.
- Take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts within the team members
- A minimum of 3 years of experience related to private banking operations in the teller area.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of private banking products and services, industry practices and regulations.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / CV