About the job
- Manage the Workforce Planning, Organization Development, and Succession Planning activities for the Company to ensure all plans support the delivery of the company’s strategic objectives in line with agreed budget and corporate plans.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Exercises judgement and initiative in performing a wide variety of higher order Human Resources assignments – minimum supervisor required – significant problems are generally only reviewed with Human Resources Manager.
- Determining and forecasting future workforce planning developments and budgeting implications, in particular in Project related areas of the organisation.
- The challenges for the jobholder lie in managing the workforce planning process in a rapidly changing environment and gaining full acceptance of new policies, procedures and guidelines from the relevant departmental authorities.
- Management of Corporate Succession Planning activities to achieve business continuity needs in a rapidly changing environment with strong emphasis on Qatarisation.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Manage the activities of Workforce Planning & Organizational Development division to develop a medium and long term workforce planning forecast through implementation of statistical and analytical modelling, ensuring manpower projections are aligned with corporate business plans.
- Advise and Support Group and Department managers during organization reviews to ensure workforce levels are observed in accordance with agreed planning models and budget to achieve sustainable organisation change.
- Review and analyse the effects of proposed organization changes on current Qatari development plans to ensure alignment with Corporate Qatarization Strategy and KPIs.
- Manage the development and setting of key performance metrics for Qatarization and corresponding resourcing targets through monitoring and data analysis of headcount, attrition levels etc. to achieve future projections.
- Lead the Qatarization Plan reviews with Group and Department Managers by providing the framework for Management to assess its Qatarization strategy and take appropriate actions to achieve targets.
- Direct workforce planning annual benchmarking activities for assessment of comparative FTE within comparable industries covering all major aspects of QG operations.
- Manage the Succession Planning process. Support Group and Department Managers by providing framework for management to review their plan and assess their people and prepare the plan for MLT approval.
- Steward the annual workforce planning budgeting process in line with Qatargas business strategy and Qatarization objectives to ensure the Organization’s structure is efficiently designed, approved and maintained.
- Ensure the regular distribution of appropriate reports to Group Managers and Managers/Heads across the organisation to facilitate organisational performance.
- Ensure the preparation of appropriate weekly, monthly and annual Human Capital Metrics and KPIs to monitor headcount levels, attrition, and vacancy management across the organisation. Ensure appropriate action is taken when adverse trends are identified.
- Monitor and review execution of approved organisation changes to ensure highest standards of organization structure maintenance for all permanent established positions, National Development positions as well as Contractor positions across the organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 12 years’ experience in Human Resources, covering all aspects of workforce planning, organisation development and change management, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry.