About the job
Airswift is currently looking for an expat Head of Worker Welfare for one of our largest projects in Qatar. This position requires availability (for relocation to Qatar. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Support PMT EPC SHES Heads and CONTRACTORS to identify Worker Welfare requirements as stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the project CONTRACT as well as relevant CONTRACTOR SHES Plans and Procedures, such as Camp Management Plan and Health and Welfare Procedures.
- Supports the establishment of CONTRACTOR’s Worker Welfare standards, protocols, and systems in the Camps and on Site in compliance with the relevant requirements.
- Ensures that suitable COMPANY oversight is provided for CONTRACTOR, Camp Operators, and Subcontractors to sustain the project requirements in terms of Worker Welfare management and achieve high-performance standards.
- Demonstrates visible leadership through attendance at key Project activities such as management camp walk-throughs, award programs, worker welfare events, and camp committee meetings.
- Supports the PMT/EPC/Subcontractor joint SHES Audit Teams in the planning and execution of Camp and Welfare audits, participates in these audits were deemed necessary, and provides subject matter expert input.
- Ensure workers are treated fairly in compliance with the Labour Law of the State of Qatar and International Human Rights, with a strong focus on the retention of identity documents, abuse, intimidations, harassment, restriction of movement, discrimination, and workplace violence, and bullying.
- Maintain and frequently review Worker Welfare performance data and generate performance reports, charts, and graphs, provide regular performance reports to the PMT and EPC Leadership Teams and recommend improvement action plans with a risk-based approach.
- Closely monitors the Camp accommodation and food standard in all EPC Camps and reports deficiencies immediately to the Leadership Teams for intervention, in collaboration with PMT Camp O&M Head, OH&MC Head, and SHES specialists dedicated to camps.
- Ensures that Worker Welfare related programs and protocols are established and sustained through pout the Project duration. These programs and protocols will include minimum Safety, Social Works, Industrial Hygiene, Camp Management Standard, Mental Health, Human Rights, Crivance Management, and Dispute Resolution.
- Carries out jointly with CONTRACTOR and Subcontractor representatives daily “Field Listening Tours” to talk to workers about their perception of Worker Welfare, to identify worker’s dissatisfaction with welfare arrangements or the absence of welfare requirements, and report these deficiencies to the Leadership Team for intervention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or equivalent Humanities & Social Sciences degree.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
- Experienced in worker welfare, social issues, and EPC Camp Operations.