About the job
- Stewards the Welding Engineering activities and ensures the welding engineering scope is fully understood and implemented by the EPC Contractor and its Vendors/Suppliers;
- Performs as a focal point for all welding matters on all types of metals (e.g. welding of conventional alloys, welding and welding overlay of Corrosion Resistance Alloys – CRA, etc.) on all equipment, packages and components (e.g. piping, static equipment, valves, etc.);
- Exhibits full understanding of the challenges of the welding scope and supervises the EPC scope elaboration with relation to the welding;
- Responsible for overall guidance on all welding engineering deliverables in terms of coverage, quality and schedule as per Projects requirements, in particular the welding and testing procedures and their associated qualification procedures;
- Interacts with the EPC Contractor and its subcontractors and vendors on welding engineering matters and reviews and approves all Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and their associated qualification and testing procedures;
- Reviews, as necessary, all EPC contractor and vendor engineering and procurement documentation with welding component (e.g. deliverables such as Data sheets, Material specifications, technical specifications, Material Requisitions and technical Bid evaluation, etc.);
- Interprets and provides guidance on application of project specifications, design codes and procedures for the control of production test programs, welding and NDE qualifications;
- Contributes to the oversight of material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation (e.g. for piping, valves, vessels, etc.);
- Supports closely the QA/QC group:
- Acts as focal point for all aspects of welding, including NDT.
- Participates in EPC Contractor’s welding audit program (audit plan, schedule, checklist, reports, etc.)
- Verifies that construction Welding & NDT quality systems and procedures to ensure they are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the approved Quality Management Systems.
- 15+ years of relevant experience as Welding Specialist in the oil and gas major capital projects environment;
- Detailed Knowledge in the International Codes and Standards and Good Engineering Practices applicable to the LNG facilities;
- Significant experience in working with EPC Contractors and interfacing with equipment suppliers;
- Competent and sound knowledge for Welding and WPS/PQRs;
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds;
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or Metallurgical or Welding Engineering. (Advanced degree is desirable.).