About the job
Airswift is currently looking for an expat Head of SHES Systems for one of our largest projects in Qatar. This position requires availability (for relocation to Qatar. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Supports the project in all SHES-related disciplines and scope of work. Flexible and team orientated. This role has key responsibilities to input into all aspects of the project SHES management activities across the EPC scope of work (SOW) and supports the project SHES Manager in all his/her responsibilities.
- Supports the onboarding of the CONTRACTORS and SUBCONTRACTORS in terms of implementation of the SHES Management System and facilitation of the timely review approval of the contract SHES deliverables. Provide review, comment, and approvals of the procedures and specifications prepared by the CONTRACTOR, focusing on Class 1 deliverables.
- Ensures that suitable COMPANY oversight is provided for CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, and Vendors to implement and sustain the Onshore SHES requirements.
- Provides support to the PMT SHES personnel to identify solutions for SHES issues in support of line management who have overall SHES responsibility for achieving SHES objectives.
- Monitors the Contract SHES performance based on agreed performance indicators and provides strategic advice and guidance for improvement of areas of the SHES Management System that are ineffective. Timely report areas of concern to the Project SHES Division Managers and/or Project Manager(s) as required.
- Demonstrates positive leadership through attendance at key Project activities as needed, such as management walk-throughs, award programs, welfare events, Incident and Injury Free (IIF) activities, tool-box meetings, steering committee meetings, and incident review meetings.
- Supports all risk management activities and workshops, including the development and implementation of suitable and effective risk control and mitigation measures for environmental, health and safety, and security risks, including but not limited to Construction SHES risk assessments, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, and SIMOPS risk assessments, Security threat analyses, and other ad-hoc risk assessment activities.
- Supports the coordination of SHES activities across EPC packages to ensure consistent SHES performance excellence in all the Project locations. Establishes the SHES Monitoring Program for the Contract SOW to ensure continuous improvement of the SHES Management System and its associated programs.
- Manages and leads all aspects of the project Incident Management program, including but not limited to the investigation of incidents, root cause analysis of serious, or potentially serious incidents, developing corrective action plans, and monitoring the implementation thereof. Identifies lessons learned, produces incident reports, and keeps records of them throughout the project duration, ensuring confidentiality at all times. Inputs into the project Incident Review Committee and manages the Incident Reporting System (IRS) requirements for the project.
- Manages and leads all aspects of the project SHES Audit Program, including, but not limited to the planning and executing of audits, executes ad-hoc focus audits for specific SHES concerns, develops and tracks corrective action plans, identifies lessons learned, produces audit reports and keeps records of the audits throughout the project duration.
- HSE-related NVQ Level 5, or equivalent or higher, e.g. NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or Health and Safety related BSc, PgCert, PgDip, or MSc.
- OHSAS ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).