As the Head of Sales Operations Western Regions based in in our Head office in Doha, Qatar you will oversee and lead the Western Region in the strategic and operational management of all sales operations functions that support Qatar Airways commercial business relationships and commercial teams.
Reporting to our Senior Vice President, you will provide strong market knowledge in the development of processes and functionality that enable the teams and digital direct facilities to deliver a five star service for our customers. You will provide strategic commercial leadership in defining, developing and reviewing sales operations strategies to support the Regions in delivering revenue growth targets.
You will also be accountable for the formulation and implementation of Sales Operations initiatives to maximize efficiencies and facilitate revenue-generating activities.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to Regional teams covering multiple countries in our Western Region.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (HQ, regional and global) to develop and maintain simplified sales/support processes that add value to key trade customers and drive cost and time savings to QR.
- Monitor customer ‘pain-points’ and collaborate with stakeholders to develop strategies that drive cost effective and sustainable resolutions.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Contact Centre team acting as a key interface between the region and the CC in terms of performance and support of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales Systems and Digital Direct to leverage self-serve functionality to manage the most common customer needs and drive improved efficiency and productivity.
- Advantage technology to enable self-serve functionality to manage the most common internal and external customer needs to drive improved efficiency and productivity. Lead the ongoing simplification of ‘doing business with QR’ ensuring all internal and external processes touching QR strategic customers achieve the intended goal in the most customer-friendly and cost effective very possible.
- Develop, monitor and adapt Standard Operating Procedures for key support functions ensuring alignment to global sales.
- Implement key analysis metrics for tracking procedures through a continuous review and evaluation of business strategies, market trends and competitive benchmark.
- Manage translation of QR internal processes into customer-friendly, value added instruction to key trade customers and QR sellers and manage the communication with internal stakeholders to ensure an effective coverage of a customer perspective.
- Lead the team in conducting in-depth analysis on a variety of complex strategic sales operations projects/issues, extracting and analyzing data, presenting the findings and making strategic recommendations to the business.
- Drive continuous improvement to sales operations processes with the appropriate use of technology and process driven innovations to enable efficiencies.
The successful person will have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree/ Equivalent
- 10 years of job-related experience in the travel industry and Airline Marketing, tour operators or hotel products
- Extensive people management experience at senior level; ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to foster teamwork.
- Track record of delivery of significant change
- Budgetary and planning experience
- Systematic approach to problem solving and a capability of working around problems
- Good creative and lateral thinking skills. A strong team player, capable of seeing and understanding the bigger picture and actively contributing to that result.