About the job
The job holder will be responsible for the management of risk to the organization, its employees, customers, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
The job holder will develop and administer risk management programs for Qatar Fertiliser Company in relation to any kind of risk to which it is exposed, i.e. enterprise, governance, regulatory, operational, information, security, technology, market and credit risk. Create and modify policies to comply with legislation and industry practices.
The job holder must ensure QAFCO, its customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders is safeguarded against risk by identifying and managing material threats to the achievement of its business objectives.
- Establishes, maintains and communicates the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management framework, objectives and direction.
- Oversees all aspects of the Qatar Fertiliser Company risk management function
- Recommends risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits to Executive Management.
- Designs, communicates and facilitates the use of appropriate Enterprise Risk Management methodologies, tools and techniques across the organization.
- Controls enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks across the organization.
- Oversees, and in some areas implements, the planning of risk control actions for the organization’s critical risks.
- Provide guidance, coordination and subject matter expertise to business functions to ensure the implementation of the agreed risk management strategy.
- Works with all functional groups to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
- Implements appropriate risk reporting to the Executive Management and Board.
- Ensure effective alignment between the Enterprise Risk Management process, insurance program, internal audit and risk financing.
- Conduct annual evaluations of the effectiveness of the Risk Management program and develop/modify goals as indicated.
- Ensure that the corporate insurance programs are fully aligned with the company’s Enterprise Risk Management strategy.
- Support Operations in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental risk management systems and activities.
- Manage relationships with external consultants and supervise work programs.
Risk Policies and Procedures
- Review, communicate and recommend the development of risk policies and procedures in partnership with Executive Management to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and oversight of risk management frameworks.
- Formulate risk management policies, procedures and standards in conjunction with Executive Management.
- Provide formal and informal feedback along with the performance appraisal in order to maximize performance.
- Provide guidance and direction to the section during the performance management process.
Budget & Cost Control
- Responsible for the preparation of Department budget and monitors financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs / revenues.
- Exercises financial authority within established limits and controls departmental budget expenditure. Set up the milestone plans and steps to milestones.
- Develops standard procedures to manage and maintain business operational and financial objectives.