About the job
About The Role
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic Head of PE to join our existing team at GEMS Wellington School, Doha from August 2022. The successful candidate will be an experienced teacher, excited to join our world class school, driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
This is a fantastic opportunity for UK trained teachers to join a global, leading company and a world-class International School.
The successful applicants will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification and an accompanying degree such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in Physical Education
- A minimum 4 years of recent and demonstrable teaching experience across various school levels at a British Curriculum School
- Previous leadership experience preferable but not essential
- Confidence in teaching the NCfE Primary framework
- The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
- The aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
Follow the link to read an article in the TES by one of our teachers at Wellington Qatar. Working in Qatar
GEMS Wellington School, Qatar, is located in Al Wakrah, a growing city on the outskirts of Doha, the capital of the country. On the western edge of Al Wakrah, you will find the shores of the Persian Gulf, making its name originally as a fishing and pearling village. Over the years, Al Wakrah has grown significantly and is now considered the second largest city in Qatar and is home to one of the stadiums that will be used in the Qatar 2022 Football World Cup.