In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. He/She should be able to communicate with parents and staff respectfully and professionally. He/She should be able to promote the profile of the school in order to attract new students across all the programmes. He/She should be able to ensure positive coverage in the appropriate media. He/She should be able to work independently and take creative initiatives.
- Responsible for developing an annual marketing plan for the school in consultation with the Head of School/ Head of Administration
- Act as point of contact for the school in ensuring marketing materials (Admissions & HR, Job fairs) for Qatar are consistent with Group material. Write and produce marketing materials including leaflets, advertisements, brochures, flyers, posters and school prospectus, liaising with the Admission Team
- Work with the Corporate Relations and Business Development Manager to identify possible sponsors and supply appropriate promotional material to attract sponsors.
- Liaise with the Webmaster and Content Manager to monitor and contribute marketing and PR material for internal school and external websites, monitor that school information is current in online directories and guides.
- Draft press releases when needed, and assist the head of school with any media enquiries.
- Liaise with Admissions team and Head of School to reach out to embassies, international business associations, relocation companies, other organisations and institutions to promote the school and recruit students.
- Conduct basic research and analyse market data to input into the marketing plan.
- Organize a series of activities throughout the year to engage, inform and entertain parents and to strengthen the school community (e.g. Winter Carnival, International Family Food Fair)
- Manage the stock of the school marketing and promotional materials, order stock when required.
- Maintain confidentiality in carrying out the above responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience.
- The school prefers an applicant who:
- has experience in a similar environment dealing with companies /embassies marketing and HR officers
- is broadly educated, preferably with a bachelor’s degree
Knowledge and Skills
The applicant should:
- be aligned with the ISL values of diversity, passion, identity and understanding
- demonstrate strong communication skills and be willing to adapt to the demands of an international school
- have excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills in English – in particular should be able to write promotional material
- be able to communicate, interact and work effectively with all school stakeholders – internal and external
- be able to establish relations with people of different backgrounds, cultures and nationalities
- have excellent interpersonal relations skills, able to represent ISL Qatar in a professional manner
- be highly proficient in the use of information and communication technology (ICT)
- have a pleasant personality with the ability to work in a busy environment
- possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities
- possess creativity and the ability to take initiative
- be trustworthy and dependable.
BenefitsUnder Husband Sponsorship (benefits provided by spouse)