About the job
The incumbent will be charged with the overall responsibility of leading, overseeing and enabling the IT function of the bank encompassing IT Infrastructure, IT Security, IT Applications, Enterprise Architecture, Helpdesk and Support, and IT Planning. The HEAD OF IT will devise and implement the overall digital and IT strategy in close coordination with the CEO/COO to meet the strategic business goals of the Bank given the current and emerging digital realties and business environment to ensure that the Bank’s Technological backbone supports the business to the maximum extent, thus driving efficiency, profitability and security. The job holder will also be in charge of shaping the strategic direction of the IT function and running of the activities associated with it.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Define the technology vision and roadmap in alignment with the Bank’s business strategy.
- Formulate the strategic direction of Doha Bank’s Information Technology function, with short-term and long-term vision and goals.
- Develop a clear IT & digital strategy in alignment of Doha Bank’s corporate strategy and set objectives for the IT function.
- Develop and maintain a secure, efficient, flexible and future-proof enterprise architecture, following the international best practices, that meet the needs of the stakeholders and bring continuous innovation to the banking industry.
- Lead the process to identify and evaluate existing digital assets and capabilities and ensure development of key digital assets and capabilities for short and long term.
- Lead the process to assess the external digital opportunities and threats as key inputs to the business strategy given the digital realities.
- Partner with business functions to design, develop and deploy innovative financial solutions.
- Identify emerging technologies to be integrated to augment the existing technological capabilities of Doha Bank.
- Take decisions with the full knowledge of all the relevant business, economic, political, competitive and regulatory factors corresponding to Doha Bank.
- Act as a thought leader on emerging digital business models and technologies, articulating the digital future and the Bank’s role in it internally and externally.
- Oversee and approve the design of the IT Governance framework of the Bank.
- Oversee activities related to IT Planning, IT Development, IT Operations, IT Security and Digital & Technology Solutions and ensure alignment with business needs.
- Oversee the implementation of a bank-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Define and report KPIs and metrics that represents progress against digital and IT goals and track them regularly.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through monitoring of performance of IT systems.
- Ensures all IT and Digital projects are efficiently planned and delivered on time, cost and the progress are tracked, communicated, and escalated, and requisite actions taken, as necessary.
- Monitor IT expenditures and ensure adherence to IT Budget.
- Review and recommend system and business requirements as and when needed.
- Ensure timely implementation of strategic IT and digital projects.
- Report to the COO,CEO, and the Board about significant updates, critical issues and future proposals related to IT and provide them with expert knowledge and advice on IT related matters.
- Manage production and backup technology facilities to ensure that the integrity of Doha Bank’s electronic records is maintained.
- Develop and implement an IT infrastructure plan for database management, operating systems, platforms, networking, communications, security and channel delivery.
- Develop a proactive staff communications culture and ensure that all employees are fully aware of IT objectives, policies and procedures and are kept informed of any changes and updates in IT policies and processes.
- Direct, coordinate and approve the development of policies and procedures, ensuring that they are consistent with business objectives and industry leading practices.
- Responsible for meeting set targets and objectives as well as the performance of the IT function against set objectives through regular follow up with function employees.
- Implement Policies and Operating Procedures and ensure the Bank’s IT compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and International Standards.
- University graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline. MBA/ MSc/ MA is a plus.
- 15-17 years of related experience of which a minimum of 5-7 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry entailing responsibilities of IT activities.
- Professional certification such as CISSP/ CISM/ ITIL/ PMP/ Prince 2 is preferable.