About the job
Scope: Whole School Leadership Team
Reporting to: Head of School
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who embraces innovation and fosters a positive community of learners. As ISL Qatar has experienced sustained growth over the years, the school will be developing dedicated Middle and High Schools from what is currently a Secondary School model. The High School (Grades 9-12) is currently enrolling 250 students.
As a member of different teams across the school, S/He will model the ISL Qatar mission, values and beliefs in action, particularly with respect to international-mindedness and intercultural understanding. A key competency is to be a collaborative team member and value the collective ability of teams rather than traditional hierarchies.
S/He will provide exemplary leadership to ensure high professional standards of learning and teaching for staff and continually improving levels of learning and achievement for students. The successful candidate will join the Whole School and High School Leadership Teams (WLT & HLT). The HLT leads, administers, and manages all strategic, and operational matters of the High School. The person appointed will play a key role in leading this team: as such, S/He should possess excellent leadership qualities and skills and should have a diverse range of competencies. The Head of High / DP Coordinator should be an inspirational, passionate, and adaptable educator and a caring, creative, and innovative leader. S/He should be an outstanding motivator, learner, administrator, and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of leading school development and preparing students through a caring, stimulating, challenging, well-organised and supportive learning environment.
Candidates who wish to apply should submit the following information:
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the Head of High School / DP Coordinator role at the International School of London Qatar
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages
- A one or two-page statement outlining your philosophy of education and leadership
- Contact details of three professional referees
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of three years as Head, Assistant Head and/or DP (Diploma Programme) Coordinator in High School
- Appropriate teaching and leadership qualifications
- IB teaching experience at the Secondary/High School Level
- Demonstration of a successful history of student-centered leadership while effectively collaborating