About the job
Department Head Job (Facility management industry)
We are searching for a well-organized, detail-orientated department head to join our excellent organization.
The department head’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analyzing existing operations and drawing up improvement plans, providing training to new and existing staff, assisting with recruitment and onboarding, drawing up budgets, liaising with clients and other professionals, scheduling meetings, networking with relevant stakeholders, and identifying growth opportunities. You should be able to engage with a wide range of professionals.
To be successful as a department head, you should have an influential personality and stellar leadership qualities. Outstanding department heads can identify issues and develop innovative solutions.
Based in Qatar, RITAJ is one of the leading and most renowned firms in the facilities management industry. We are known for providing soft and hard facilities services to multi-sector businesses, commercial properties, blue-chip organizations, and small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across Qatar, enhancing their overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Department Head Responsibilities:
- Liaising with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients to achieve set goals.
- Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current operations.
- Scheduling meetings and training sessions with staff and other stakeholders.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring all health and safety, as well as company regulations, are followed by the team at all times.
- Liaising with staff and organizing teambuilding events that take everyone’s needs into account.
- Conducting research, writing up reports, and presenting findings to staff and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and finding creative ways to expand the organization.
- Attending workshops, lectures, and training sessions wherever possible.
Department Head Requirements:
- Degree in a related field.
- MBA is advantageous.
- Relevant degrees, certificates, and licenses may be required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephonic communication.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude and professional manner.
- A growth mindset.
- Vital networking and management abilities.
- Strong knowledge of Facilities Management procedures and practices.
- Good Engineering technical abilities.
- Good planning and contract administration skills.
- Five years of which in a managerial position
- Six years experience in facility management
Note: only Qatari citizens can apply for this position
Salary 20,000 to 23,000