We have an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team at the Oryx Garden Hotel as a Head Housekeeping Supervisor
The newly opening Oryx Garden Hotel will be located at Hamad International Airport (HIA) and is operated by Dhiafatina Hotels, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Qatar Airways Group.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for Head Housekeeping Supervisor within the Airport Hotel. In this role, you are responsible for maintaining and keeping the cleanliness of the Hotel and the Guest rooms as per the standard set. You will provide close supervision to the Room attendants and will allocate room assignments based on operational demands. You will make sure that the rooms are ready for occupancy as and when required.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparing and recording maintenance requests for all operational equipment and communicating the requests to the Engineering Department or related supplier to maintain equipment quality.
- Scheduling periodical tasks such as carpet shampooing and spring-cleaning. Supervising the activities to maintain cleanliness of the areas.
- Preparing monthly training calendar and report based on the 6-month Employee Development Training Plan. Scheduling employees for related off-job training courses.
- Conducting and recording training as per the 6-month Employee Development Training Plan.
- Monitoring the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas. Providing immediate feedback if the results fall short of the set quality standards.
- Managing the daily operations in the absence of the Department Head or Assistant Department Head.
- Establishing team’s objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Evaluating the team’s objectives, plans, procedures and practices and make appropriate changes if needed.
To be Success in this role, you should have :
- Relevant Trade or Vocational Qualification
- Minimum 2 years of job-related experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Competent in using computer-based applications
- Preferably has held the same position within the international hotel environment.
- Hospitality background and has good understanding of Hotel operations.
- Good management skills with the ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage work activities.
- Strong service orientation and has cross-cultural awareness.