The overall scope of the job includes welcoming and seating guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, and according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in an F&B service role
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is beneficial