Airswift is pleased to work with our large client based in Qatar to recruit Head engineering technical.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or Mechanical engineering
- Chartered Engineer status or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- 18 years relevant post-graduate experience, of which 10 years proven experience as head of infrastructure engineering in the water industry.
- Leadership and engineering management experiences in potable water supply network design including expertise in hydraulic modeling, water loss, water data analytics and related asset management.
- Knowledgeable in relevant engineering standards and Codes related to civil engineering including AWWA, IWA publications and others related to water industry.
- Good communications and presentation skills with fluency in English
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- As head of technical, drive engineering best practices including managing the process of allocation of technical authorities to ensure the provision of the required quality technical assurances. Accountable for approval and signing off designs in accordance with approved standards.
- Accountable for the development of competencies and skills in the area of control.
- Accountable for planning, timely allocation and utilization of discipline engineering resources for project.
- Accountable for studies and design of projects. Ensure technical suitability and compliance with standards. Propose and recommend alternate solutions to meet end user objectives.
- Accountable for technical inputs to project execution strategies for alignment with discipline and technical requirements.
- Establish and maintain a program that ensures expert in-house advice on discipline engineering.
- Establish and maintain a program that organizes, plans and coordinates activities of discipline engineers for providing technical services on the project.
- Ensure value engineering expertise is provided at various stages of the project execution per QP Procedures.
- Ensure that all applicable Environmental, process safety technical policies and QHSE requirements are fully implemented on all projects’ scopes.
- Ensure that support is provided to asset owners for non-QP-operated projects as and when required.
- Ensure effective collaboration with counterparts in other areas of QP Organization.
- Establish/identify training requirements for the discipline skill pool at all levels, including Qatari Engineers under Development.