About the job
Primary purpose of job
The Head Counsel will manage a team of legal counsels and subject matter experts supporting QatarEnergy’s business activities both domestically and internationally by providing general as well as specific subject matter legal and regulatory advice in the areas of antitrust, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions, trade controls and supervision, ethics and business conduct. In addition, provide advice on corporate governance principles as well as overseeing the development and implementation of QatarEnergy’s governance programs, governance related policies and governance related training.
Experience & Skills
- At least 10 years of post-qualification legal experience in private practice or in-house (multinationals), including specialisation in anti-bribery and corruption (US FCPA, UKBA2010), or sanctions and trade controls, or anti-trust and competition law;
- Experience of handling compliance matters in complex compliance or regulatory environments (oil and gas sector preferably).
- Experience of dealing with the regulators/government investigations;
- Experience in development and implementing, reporting and enhancing governance and ethics and compliance programs, including policy and procedural framework, training, internal controls and investigations;
- Leadership skills/prior experience of mentoring personnel;
- Master analytical skills with the ability to assimilate complex compliance and governance matters and to provide practical advice to non-lawyers;
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as team player with members of Legal Department, as well as other stakeholders;
- Advanced expertise and skills in word and data/information processing, incl. MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Highly motivated, proactive, organized and self-disciplined.
- -JD/LLB degree and currently licensed to practice law in home jurisdiction